The GE Innovation Barometer – How Executives Are Viewing Innovation
Earlier this year, General Electric (GE) conducted their Global Innovation Barometer survey which revealed a large, dynamic shift in innovation amongst 3200 business executives spanning 26 countries across the globe. While in years past, these same executives felt overwhelmed and resistant to the increasingly prevalent global innovation landscape, this survey revealed that executives are now ready to step up and take control of it.
Amongst the highlights, the survey found that 64 percent of respondents this year have seen how collaborative innovation is able to drive revenue and profits. This explains why two-thirds of executives finally decided that it was time for their business models to transform and adapt with the constantly changing globalized innovation environment.
Nonetheless, only one-third to one-quarter of respondents consider themselves to be currently excelling in a number of key drivers, such as understanding customers and anticipating market evaluations, the ability to quickly adopt and implement emerging technology, and creating a company culture that encourages creativity and business disruption.
Jacqueline Zhou of Soapboax has created a great infographic of some of the findings. It can be downloaded here.
The full report can be found here.
- How to Centralize Customer Experience During COVID-19 - September 2, 2021
- 6 Steps to Optimize Your Customer Experience (CX) - June 11, 2021
- The Hybrid Workplace Model: How the Employee Experience is Being Overlooked - June 11, 2021
- What Organisations Should Focus on When Re-inventing or Transforming their Business Models - May 31, 2021
- Employee Experience and Embracing the Future of work - May 14, 2021
- Webinar: An Effective Framework for Digital Transformation - March 18, 2021
- Digital Strategy Toolkit - February 24, 2021
- Developing a Go-to-Market Customer Strategy for Shirohato’s Australian Expansion - February 4, 2021
- Uncovering New Business Opportunities in the Disability Sector - January 27, 2021
- Unearthing Innovative Business Opportunities for a Leading Medical Organisation - January 27, 2021
Managing Director, The Strategy Group
Dr Tobias is an accomplished innovation consultant and entrepreneurship strategist, drawing expertise from the academic, entrepreneurial and corporate worlds. Jeffrey’s commercial and business experience is particularly focussed on lean startup, design thinking and leadership. Prior to The Strategy Group, Jeffrey was Cisco’s Global Lead for Innovation in the Internet Business Solutions Group helping Fortune Global 500 companies improve customer experience and grow revenue by transforming how they do business.
Jeffrey is a professor of innovation and entrepreneurship teaching MBA students at the Australian Graduate School of Business at the University of New South Wales. An active angel investor, Jeffrey is on the board of various well known startups. Jeffrey’s corporate background includes leading global innovation strategy at Cisco, working with large corporates such as Adobe, Westpac, Telstra, Woolworths, and Perpetual.
Need help to get your business to the next level?
More related articles on innovation
Learn three steps for determining what customers need, and how you can fulfill them from the experts at The Strategy Group.
As offices transition to post-pandemic work life, one thing is clear: the hybrid workplace model is here to stay. However, in the scramble to keep up with expectations, the employee experience is often neglected in the process